Make a Resolution to Bring Comfort to Others
Posted by Mary Flores, CVA and Lisa Petersen, CVA
Looking to start 2018 off right? Become a JourneyCare volunteer!
Did you know Medicare requires that 5% of all patient care hours be provided by volunteers? JourneyCare is seeking volunteers to support patients, families, and staff so that, together, we can enrich lives through expert and compassionate care. Volunteers are an essential part of our team’s success!
Top 5 Reasons to Join Our Volunteer Team:
- Flexible Scheduling – We want volunteering to be part of your life, not take over your life. We welcome time donations of any size.
- Unique opportunities – We have over 50 different roles to choose from! There is a role for everyone. Share your talents with patients, families or staff. Are you a Licensed Massage Therapist, Cosmetologist or Pet Therapist? Can you communicate in more than one language? Are you a compassionate listener? You may be the perfect addition to our volunteer team!
- Make connections that can positively impact your life and and the lives of others. Volunteers meet people in their community that they may not have otherwise have encountered. A life-changing relationship could be just around the next corner.
- Learn a new skill. As a volunteer you will have access to the same education opportunities that our industry leading hospice professionals receive. You can also learn new things while volunteering in exciting roles like CNA assist, baking, or even as an office assistant. Gain an insider’s perspective into the world of hospice and palliative care.
- You have already seen the beauty of hospice for yourself, now you can share it with someone else.
Getting started is as easy as 1…2…3!
- Go to https://journeycare.org/volunteer/apply-volunteer/ to complete an online application and read more about the roles that interest you. You can also find the answers to many commonly asked questions about the orientation process.
- Complete the orientation process. JourneyCare requires that all adult volunteers (age 16+)
- Begin your life-changing role!